Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving part of fillable form as non-fillable pdf

Level 1

I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer.

The top part of the form needs to be filled in by one office, and then once the fields are filled in they need to be "locked" for editing and sent on to a third party.

The third party needs to have the option of filling out the bottom part of the form without being able to modify the top part.

Is this possible?

I see in other threads that someone created a 'Lock all Fields' button.  However, I don't know how to write script that would customize the button to lock only certain fields.

Also, I tested that document; the Lock button does work, but when you save the form and email it, the form fields become unlocked.

Are there any ideas on how to make this button work so that once the fields are locked, they stay locked?

2 Replies

Level 6

Here are some postes that can help you....

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2134982#2134982

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2125137#2125137

the first URL has one samle PDF attached which has "Lock All Fields" button at the bottom. I checked the script and it is prepared to handle each subform individually withe the line of code in 'click' event

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(form1); the user is passing entire form in this case but if you pass just the subform name that you wish to lock that will work....incase you need to lock more than one subform you would modify code to following...

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(sub1);

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(sub2);

rest will be automatically taken care....but to open up fields that are locked you need to modify the function LockAllFields() under myScriptObject variable and add new function in the same location gvie it a new name ....like OpenAllFields()....but instead of

currentElement.access

="readOnly"; you would use currentElement.access ="open"; which will help unlock the fields in that subform.

then your final script may look like under the "Lock/UnLock Fields" button.

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(sub1);

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(sub2);

myScriptObject.UnLockAllFields(sub3);

myScriptObject.UnLockAllFields(sub4);

Hope that helps.

Good luck,