Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Saving a half filled out form?

Level 1

I was planning to use LiveCycle to develop a long dynamic form for my company but after a couple of days of working with it I realized on my finished 'test' form that it could not be saved half way through the process (or at least that's what the reader said).

The project I'm working on would have to be saved at a couple points because it would have the end users research something and come back to the process at a later time. 

The original reason I chose to use LiveCycle was because I was told it was the best tool for forms where the user has the ability to add more fields if they need them.

Is there some type of script or external tool that can be added to allow users to save entered information and come back to it at a later time?

Thanks for any help.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that the user has Adobe Reader and that the form is not Reader Enabled. If this is the case, then the user would not be able to save the data that they had inputted.

See summary here: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

In order to allow the user with Reader to save the data, you will need to Reader Enable the form BEFORE you send it out. You can do this in Acrobat, but there are licencing restrictions OR you can do it in LiveCycle Reader Extensions (which is a server component of the LC Enterprise Suite).

Deploy Options 02 - Save.png

Hope that helps,

Niall