Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving a dynamic form with tables creates layout nightmare

Former Community Member

There is a fresh file with no data in it and a saved file with data inside it. Why does the table repeat its header so many times? How do I access subsequent headers? Is there something I can put into initialize or layout to fix this ridiculousness?

The file with data has an appended -s

Thanks for any help or offers,

Kevin

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

This behaviour can be very frustrating. Here is a thread which goes through the same issue.

I had a look at the form and am sorry but I can't give the time now. My experience is that the more objects/rows in the header, the more likely it is to be buggy.

If you work your way through the thread, hopefully you will get a take on solving your issue.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll have a look at this; it seems to be the same problem.

Level 10

On the Binding tab for your header rows try turning off the "Repeat Row for Each Data Item".

Former Community Member

That didn't work. As well, I've run the XFA debugger and fixed pretty much all the errors. Still no dice.

Former Community Member

Is there somewhere where I can read exactly what happens during a merge / page break? What algorithm does Reader use for pagination?

Level 7

If you're trying to get a page break within your table, you will have to re-create the table as text fields. I tried this before, as far as I can puzzle out Designer doesn't allow page breaks within tables.

Former Community Member

Actually, the page breaks with the table work perfectly. The problem only exists when the data is merged back with the form when you re-open a saved form.

Level 7

That's strange, I tried to create a table with page breaks as a proof of concept and the checkbox to allow page breaks was grayed out.