Expand my Community achievements bar.

Save the task to a group common folder rather than in Draft folder?

Former Community Member

I have created a form with save funtionality. When I open the form in task and claim it from a group, Now, the task is getting is assigned to the user and so when he save the form by clicking the save button in workspace, the task is getting saved in Drafts  folder in workspace. Is there any way like we can save the form into the group again or some common folder so that persons of thaat group can access the saved task?

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The best option for this to be implemented is for you to create a route within the current task that reroutes the current form and it's data back to the group queue. It's a better way for you to track where the form went and who made modifications to the data. It also allows users to track exactly where the form is as apposed to with a single user in their draft folder. I prefer this type of approach as you can create separate timer events and notifications around the "draft" status.

Former Community Member

Hi Lee,

I have a similiar issue but mine is going to 4 different persons by using the gateway so each of them can fill their own data on their own form and all data are merged at the end to a final form which totally to 6 forms. This was done before my time and it seems like a long way to do a performance on it since I have to touch all 6 forms to modify such a single modifications. I am thinking about re-write it for easier to maintain in the future. Your answer above seem to fit some of it but I do have a question that can it route to the 4 persons at the same time when group queue is used? If so then how does the data that was filled by those 4 person get merge together?

Can you please advise some more details on your above answer.

Thanks in advance,

HD

Former Community Member

Hi Han,

The "group" assignment won't work when you need specific items tasks to be assigned to individuals. "Someone" in that group needs to pickup the task, alternatively you can pick a random individual in the group.

What it sounds like you need to do is query your LDAP server for a list of individuals in the group and then send task assignments to each of them. Either all at the same time or one after the other.

For the handling of the data, it depends on what people are actually doing with the form but the basic concept is that you would extract data from each of the forms, then place all of the data into a single form. Alternatively, you can extract the data from the forms, then generate separate PDF's (I'm assuming you were using XDPs) and then create a single PDF containing all of the documents using Assembler.

Which version of LC are you using and what's the end-result of your 4 different people? Are they answering the same information or physically seperate pieces of a form?