Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

'Save' in Adobe Reader

Level 3

I've searched the forum and seen variations on this theme but can't find anything that addresses my problem.

When a user tries to Save their form in Reader, it will only save a blank copy.  This obviously has something to do with enabling usage rights, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do in Acrobat X Pro or LiveCycle ES2 v9.  I think it's also messing up other functionality as well.

Can somebody please assist because it's a problem I have on all my forms.

Thanks,

Peta

7 Replies

Level 3

In addition to this problem it appears my email buttons aren't working properly either.  I don't know if it's caused by the same thing???

Heeelllp!

This is a problem on all my forms and naturally, the client is becoming difficult (don't they all!).

Thanks,

Peta

Level 9

Hi Peta,

You can make the form reader enabled in Acrobat. Steps given below.

In Acrobat - X : File -> Save As -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable Additional features.

In Acrovat 9 : Advanced -> Extend Advanced Features in Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 3

Hi Bibhu,

I tried this but it doesn't work.  I'm working on Acrobat Pro X and Reader X.  My husband  is working on v9.  I can make it work on mine but not his.

Any other suggestions?

Peta

Level 9

Hi Peta,

Glad that it works on Acrobat - X. Did you follow the same procedure that I have described in my previous post ? What exactly the problem ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Hi Peta,

If you are using Adobe LiveCycle ES2 v9, then login to ReaderExtensions to apply the rights to your forms.

Regards--

Chalukya.

Level 3

Hi Chalukya,

How do I login to Reader Extensions.  I looked up Help, but it was no help.

Thanks,

Peta

Former Community Member

Hi Peta,

Have you installed the Adobe LiveCycle ES2 server ?

If yes, then you can login with the link below:

http://[Host/ServerIP]:[PORT]ReaderExtensions/

to apply the ReaderExtensions.

All the Best.

Regards--

Chalukya.