Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

SAVE AS

Level 1

When I go back to check a PDF file, either on a email attachment, or just simply review of the document. Adobe asks me to SAVE AS. So I end with more then one file, each time I review or revise one document. Why can I just open the file without saving it again and again.

Did I do something wrong on the settings?

Please help!!!!

8 Replies

Level 7

The Save As usually occurs when the document is considered changed. I am guessing you have a script that fires when the document is open marking it as "changed" Other than finding the script and modifying it, if possible you will have this same issue. I am not sure that you can suppress it in any other way.

Level 1

Thank you Mouslander, it didn't happened before. All of the sudden started doing it. So I have no idea how to change it back.

If you know, please tell me. Thanks again!!!

Level 7

I would need to see the file to really know what the issue is. I am guessing you or someone added a script at some point that is triggering on open. Are you binding to data? Are you doing a calculation. If you want to send me the file I can try to take a look at it. mousland@gmail.com

Level 1

Well it is not a particular file, it's all the attachments.

Let's say I'm sending an email with an attachment. So before I send the email, and after I already attached the file. I open the attachment (before I send it) within the email ready to send, to check if is correctly.

When I click on the attachment, that is when goes straight to SAVE AS, and I cannot open the attachment unless I SAVE AS again.

So I end with original, plus original(1), original(2), the many times I try to check the attachment.

Before, it will just open it and let me read it directly without saving it again and again .

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Level 7

you lost me a bit. The attachment that is inside the PDF or the attached PDF inside the email??? when do you get the save as?

Level 1

Sorry.....

Before I send an email that has an attachment, I check the attachment to see if it's the correct one. So when I click on it, it opens to a new window that says SAVE AS.

Level 7

what type of file is the attachment? PDF? Excel? Word?

Level 1

I'm very sorry. I was out of town. The files are PDF.