Expand my Community achievements bar.

Save as to specifik folder??

Level 4

Hi,

I know this is also an reader/acrobat question, but think LC Designer people might have solved it... if it is possible

1) I want to create a save button on a pdf form

2) I want the save dialog to open in the root of a path I select

3) The user can then browse to a sub folder and click save with perfered filename

Problem:

* I can display the saveAs dialog, but it will just browse to the folder the user used last - not a good solution

* I can save silently to a final path - but I do not have data in the form stating where this is and the client want to be able to choose this and choose filename. Also this might result in overwrites or many files with a postfix timestamp

Any Ideas? use Acrobat 9.1 so maybe some new things in acrobat script??

Thanks!!

Thomas Groenbaek

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Thomas,

Save a form to a set location with a set name, is a security issue that requires a javascript file in the application folder of every computer that will use the form.

There is a long thread here that works through the trusted function process to save a form invisibly: XFA form with button to save file with unique filename

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 4

Hi Niall,

No, I already know of the way to save silently to a fixed path - we already use the trusted javascript some other places.

But in this situation the customer want to see a saveAs dialog, that is always set to specific path

so, anyone know if this can be done

/T