Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Sample barcoded form

Level 2

1. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with a sample barcoded form created using LiveCycle Designer ES.

2. Once the barcoded form is distributed, completed and returned to the author, how do I decode the barcode using a hand-held scanner to gather the data in the barcode into the Response file.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The barcoded forms technology actually requires that you apply a Reader Extensions license to each of the forms. If you do not, the barcode placed on the form will disappear when the form is filled (on the calculate event). Much like when you put too much data into a barcode.

In regards to the hand-held scanner, the 2D barcodes placed on forms are standard barcodes. Do not use compression or XML and you'll be able to scan them without issue. Tab delimited format without carriage returns should work best.

Level 2

Hi

Thank you so much for responding. I need further clarification:

1. How do I obtain the Reader Extensions Licence? I cannot find this product on Adobe's website.

2. What software do I need to use in order to pick up the data from the scanner and fill the picked up data into another Adobe Form?

Best regards,

Kim-Siang Ng

http://www.tipstoenrichyourlife.com/parenting

With the wish to help all beings, may all my thoughts,words,and actions be void of attachment and ego.

May they arise from compassion and wisdom.

May they be imbued with patience and joy.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.

This email is forwarded automatically to a selected list of my buddies for enjoyment. Contents come from various sources and none of the materials I claim as my property. If any belongs to you, please consider it an honor that the content was worthy enough to be shared. No copyright infringement intended!. If any material is not appealing to you DELETE immediately.

When forwarding this email, please have the courtesy to respect the privacy and confidentiality of the sender by deleting all previous email trails and addresses before you proceed to forward this email to others.

Level 2

Hi

I would appreciate if you could help me to review the attached barcoded form created using LiveCycle Designer ES and let me know whether I have done it correctly.

When I was testing the form using the "Preview PDF", the bar code was grey off, probably due to the fact that I have not obtained the Reader Extensions Licence.

Best regards,

Kim-Siang Ng

With the wish to help all beings, may all my thoughts,words,and actions be void of attachment and ego.

May they arise from compassion and wisdom.

May they be imbued with patience and joy.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.

This email is forwarded automatically to a selected list of my buddies for enjoyment. Contents come from various sources and none of the materials I claim as my property. If any belongs to you, please consider it an honor that the content was worthy enough to be shared. No copyright infringement intended!. If any material is not appealing to you DELETE immediately.

When forwarding this email, please have the courtesy to respect the privacy and confidentiality of the sender by deleting all previous email trails and addresses before you proceed to forward this email to others.

Level 2

Hi

I would appreciate if you could respond.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kim-Siang Ng