Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RUN TIME ERROR DURING FORM DESIGNING

Level 4

Hi,

I was making a comparatively heavy form of approx 13 pages with loads of scripting , colorful fonts etc . The form size is close to 1 MB right now without any scripting and still 4 pages of designing remaining . The issue is whenever i am trying to add any more fields on the form, designer is giving me run time error with the form getting corrupt . I was saving the form as adobe dynamic form pdf file . Can anythin be done regarding it ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

The pathches will be listed on the support site. I think the one that you want is SP2 (it contains SP1).

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Which version of Designer .....can you post your form?

Paul

Level 4

I am using version  designer 8.2. Sorry i cant post the form as it is against my client and company policies , hope u will understand . But the problem remains the same that whenever my form size reaches close to 1 MB the designer starts giving run time error . Is there  a thing like the maximum size of the form which the designer can handle ? And moreover my form size will go close 2 MB , is it possible to make that big forms in the designer ? Any pointers to what all best practises i need to take care of ?

Thanks

Former Community Member

Typically forms do not get that big unless you are embedding images etc. There was a bug in Designer where a certain processing instruction was repeated over an over. Can you open the file in Designer and save it out as an XDp file (this is the native XML format of the template). Now open th exdp file in a text editor and scroll through the file ......do you see a line repeated over and over? The line will look something like this:

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?>

Paul

Level 4

Yeah thats what . When i saved the form as XDP file its size became something like 115 MB . I figured some textfields which were causing problems by hit and trial and deleted them , the size XDP size became manageable then , but still how can i prevent it for next time ? The pdf is still giving the same run time error . The question remains , is there a upper limit for size ?

Former Community Member

It is not an issue of the number of objects ....it is those repeated instructions in the XDP that is the problem. As I mentioned there was a bug in Designer that caused this. The solution is to apply all of the service packs and when you open th etemplate in a designer with the service packs it fixes up the template. If you do not want to apply the patches then another option is to send me the file and I will open it in my Designer and return the fixed one to you. I can give you a private email address if you do not want to put the form in the public domain.

Paul

Level 4

Can you please let me know the service packs and patches which might be missing so that I can arrange for them as i have to design many more similar forms . Yeah give me your private mail address also , i will send you the form . Thanks a tonne for your help Paul .

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

The pathches will be listed on the support site. I think the one that you want is SP2 (it contains SP1).

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----