Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rows in a Dynamic table disappear after edge of the page.

Former Community Member

Hi I have a dynamic table with two buttons : 'add row' and 'delete row' I have two problems:

1. is it possible to add more than 1 row at the time?

2. How to make my document to add new page when the rows reached the edge of the content area?

I have attache my doc

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can only add one instance at a time but you can call the addInstance method numerous times to achieve the same thing.

Make sure that your table container is set to flowed and that your overlow conditions are set to continue on the next page (also I noticed that your table subform did not have the allow pagebreaks checkbox set).

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can only add one instance at a time but you can call the addInstance method numerous times to achieve the same thing.

Make sure that your table container is set to flowed and that your overlow conditions are set to continue on the next page (also I noticed that your table subform did not have the allow pagebreaks checkbox set).

Paul

Level 7

Actually it is possible to add more than one row at a time - sort of. You'd need to create a "table" yourself using text fields and simply wrap how ever many rows you'd like to add at a time in a subform. You then set your add instance button to duplicate the subform rather than a single table row. The appearance to the user is an addition of 2, 3, 4, etc. rows at a time.

Former Community Member

Thank you all for your advice I've managed to get it working ok.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----