Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Row Index Problem in Table

Former Community Member

I am having a problem assigning data to fields in a table.

I have a table with three columns, one row, and I have a button to delete a row and a button to add a new row.  My problem is that when I add information to three other fields on my form and click the add button it won't assign that data to the fields in the table.  Here is a one of the lines of code that I am having a problem with.

--------- Begin Code -----------

var rowIndex = subGroupData.tblComments.rowGroupData.instanceManager.count - 1;

subGroupData.tblComments.rowGroupData[rowIndex].rowEmplName.rawValue = $.strFullName.rawValue;

--------- End Code -----------

The problem lies in the brackets.  When I put a 0 in the brackets it copies the data fine into the table.  When I use a variable that is assigned a number it doesn't work at all.  I have verified using a message box that I am getting the correct index number using my rowIndex variable.

Any thoughts?  I have tried even using parseInt() but that doesn't work either.

Thanks,

John

4 Replies

Level 10

Change your code like this..

subGroupData.tblComments.resolveNode("rowGroupData[" + rowIndex + "]").rowEmplName.rawValue = $.strFullName.rawValue;

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Srini,

I had to modify what you sent me and it worked perfect! Thank you! Where did you find out this? I have looked through all sorts of documentation on XFA and Javascript and haven't seen this.

Here is what I ended up with:

subGroupData.tblComments.resolveNode("rowGroupData[" + rowIndex + "]").rowEmplName.rawValue = $.strFullName.rawValue;

I just needed to remove the asterisks.

Thanks!

John

Level 4

John,

To answer your question, resolveNode is expecting a String representation of a somExpression.  So you needed to build the string in order to actually reference the node.  So:

resolveNode("MyNode[" + counter + "]")

is the same as:

var myPath = "MyNode[" + counter + "]";

resolveNode(myPath);

However, without the string concatenation for the variable rowIndex, you'd be trying to do something like:

resolveNode("rowGroupData[rowIndex]").  and since rowIndex is being treated as part of the string instead of getting it's value, the index cannot be found.  Appending it to the string by " + rowIndex + "  actually puts the rowIndex value in.  (Everything in ""s are literal values...outside of ""s, everything is considered a reference to something else.

Hope that helps, I know that may seem mildly confusing,

Alex

Level 1

I have a similar problem and was hoping you could help me..

I have an expandable table with DropDown as one of the cells in every row. I have the value I am trying to add to the each of the dropdown in every row as it expands.My code looks like this. Being new at this, I am really struggling and any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks Fay

FORM.MAIN.TblOrderForm.resolvenode("Row1["+i+"]").DataDropList.additem("CurrentVal");