Expand my Community achievements bar.

Roster List users got deselected again and again.

Former Community Member

Hello Experts,

i have the following custom code to bind a <mx:List > control with the list of users currently logged in to the chatroom.

private function BindOnlineUsers():void              

{

try

{                                           

myUserId=cSession.userManager.myUserID;                   

//cSession.userManager.removeUser(myUserId);                                                       

userArray = cSession.userManager.userCollection;                                    

if(userArray.length>0)

{

//Alert.show(UserDescriptor(userArray).userID.toString(),"list",Alert.OK);               

//userArray.removeItemAt(0);//remove Host normally we have only one host

var totalUsers:Number=userArray.length;

var Users:Array=new Array();

var UserRole:int=50;

for( var i:uint=0; i < totalUsers ; i++)

{                    

if((userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).userID != myUserId && ((userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).role) != UserRoles.OWNER )

{

var userObject:Object=new Object();                    

userObject={userID:(userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).userID, displayName:UserDescriptor(userArray.getItemAt(i)).displayName};

Users.push(userObject);                                                                                                       

}

}                              

Users.sortOn("displayName",Array.CASEINSENSITIVE);                                                                                    

lstOnlineUsers.dataProvider = Users;

lstOnlineUsers.labelField = "displayName";

lstOnlineUsers.data="userID";

//lstOnlineUsers.selectedIndex=0;

}

}

To synchronize with the service i have called a function "initializechatconsole" on creationcomplete event of session container as shown below:

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer roomURL="{roomURL}" autoLogin="false" creationComplete="InitializeChatConsole();" authenticator="{auth}" id="cSession"  width="100%" height="100%" > 

in this function i have the code as shown below.see the line marked in red

private function InitializeChatConsole():void

{

try

{

m_chatModel.sharedID = "myChat";

m_chatModel.subscribe();

m_chatModel.addEventListener(ChatEvent.HISTORY_CHANGE, onHistoryChange);

cSession.userManager.userCollection.addEventListener(CollectionEvent.COLLECTION_CHANGE,onDataChange);

//cSession.streamManager.addEventListener(StreamEvent.STREAM_RECEIVE,onStreamRecieved);

chatOutput.addEventListener(ScrollEvent.SCROLL,onHistoryScroll);

chatOutput.verticalScrollPosition = chatOutput.maxVerticalScrollPosition;                   

BindOnlineUsers();

}

catch(e:Error)

{

Alert.show("Error: " + e.message,"Error",Alert.OK);

}

Now the ondatachange function has the following code as given below.

protected function onDataChange(p_evt:CollectionEvent):void

{

switch(p_evt.kind)

{

case CollectionEventKind.ADD:              

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

case CollectionEventKind.REMOVE:

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

case CollectionEventKind.UPDATE:                             

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

}

}             

the functionality of whole code is whenever a new user enters the room the usercollection changes and thus to display the new user in already logged in users RosterList i have to rebind it again.

now my proble is that whenever a new user enters the Roster list refreshes and if the user has selected any users go deselected automatically as the list rebinds again.

as i am new to flex development so please suggest me the best way to sort out this problem

Regards

Amit 

0 Replies