Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Room usage monitoring

Level 2

I'm trying to implement a Server to Server API solution for my rooms wherein my server receives a notification when the number of room participants drops from 2 participants to 1 participant.  What would be the recommended approach?

7 Replies

Level 3

You can subscribe to the UserManager collection.  You will get a receiveItem message when someone enters and a receiveItemRetraction message when someone exits.

Level 2

So I must be doing something wrong.  Following the

documentation at

http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/lccs/5.4+Managing+room+collections+and+nodes#5.4Managingroomcoll...

it says that "Items in the CollectionNode panel map to the API's pod components".  I must not have anything in the API's pod components, because nothing is in the CollectionNodes panel of my room even when I have my live screensharing application running.  How do I add these API pod components, or at least where is the documentation for how to do so?

Former Community Member

This is a little confusing - there is a UserManager collection node which

we don't expose to the Room Console (mostly because we don't want people

messing with it and breaking their rooms). Collection name is " UserManager"

and node name is "UserList". (You can see all this in the UserManager.as

client source).

hope that helps

nigel

Level 2

Does anyone know of an example for what I am trying to do?

Level 4

Hi,

So by looking at UserManager would be similar to looking at "MyCustomCollection" and UserList would be like "itemNode"?

If so, if I create custom fields for users, could I have the server 2 server api update a single field for a user? Or would the entire node have to be updated?

thanks.

...russ

Employee

Looks like custom fields are "nodes" on UserManager so you can just do a publishItem to a node with the name of your custom field.

Employee

So, I am not sure of what is that you are trying to do

If you want to receive user related events you don't need to set up anything in your Flex application. All you need is a server application that calls registerHook, then subscribe to UserManager collection for the room you are interested in and implement receiveItem for collection=UserManager, node=UserList.

There are examples of server to server notifications in the SDK for all (or most) of the languages.