Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Room console question...

Former Community Member

In the room console, is there any way for me to sort the list of MyRooms? ( If not, would is be possible to put that on the roadmap? )

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Sandy,

As you have noticed, we currently display the rooms in order they were created (oldest rooms on top) in the Developer Portal and the Room Console.

I will add a feature request for this to our bugbase.

I would have a couple of questions for you:

- Is this a major pain point for you right now? If yes - how so?

- How would you like to see the feature work? Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Former Community Member

I wouldn't call it a major pain point, just more of an inconvenience.

My rooms get created over the span of months. I generally don't recall when a room was created, so creation order appears somewhat unordered. If they were in alphabetical order by name, that would allow me to easily find the room I'm looking for in the list as I keep a list of my rooms and their associated user in my database.

I think that the easiest way to make everyone happy would be to use a two column data grid, showing the room name and the creation time. Then you could sort by either, but I'm not sure that would conveniently fit in the space available.

Employee

One other modification that we wanted to do, that would solve hopefully most of the problems is to add an input field where you can type the room you are interested in. That way as long as you know the name of the room (that you should, if you are trying to debug a specific room) you should be able to select it and connect to it.

We'll probably do this before messing up with the UI too much to fit a different list.

Former Community Member

That's great, that would totally solve my problem.

Former Community Member

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it would be fantastic if when I typed into a search box, the displayed rooms would get filtered as I type. It would allow you to keep the current display the same and if I wanted to see all the rooms that started with 'g', I would just put a 'g' in the search box. Presto! Instant search with filtering!

Former Community Member

Sure, sandy this is totally possible and we will keep in mind as and when we do this input box

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

This seems like a pretty easy change to make. If Adobe devs turn out to be too busy to do it, any chance you would accept the code from an external developer (and LCCS user) to get this pushed into the console? I'd be happy to code it up if it would help myself and others.

Edit: Mis-read the original post. Corrected misinformation in my reply.