Expand my Community achievements bar.

Response File Creating Duplicate Columns in CSV File - data mixed up

Former Community Member

I am not sure if I'm posting in the right category, if not, please direct me to the  right place.  We have been using a form created in LiveCycle for months now, collecting responses manually on network server.  This has worked OK, and I created a routine in my Access database to 'import' new responses into an Access table.  All has been working well till today.  For some reason when we export the responses to a csv file, it is duplicating columns (it appears to the the global ones), and when my Access query tries to read the file, for example, the 'company_name' field gives a response that appears to be from another column.  If I open the csv file directly in Excel, I can see the duplicate column headers, and there seems to be different data in them.  But when I open the linked csv file in Access it does not show any duplicate column headings and the data returned is not right for what the heading should be. I hope this is not too confusing, it is confusing to me and I don't understand why it seems to have changed, as I have been using same process with no problems till today.  If a sample of the form or response file or csv file is needed, please let me know, as there is no way to add attachments here, and I will see if I can get a stripped out example if it will help.  Does anyone know of anything that would cause this type of thing or where I should look?  Thank you.

0 Replies