Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Resonses File not showing all data

Level 1

I have designed a form in LiveCycle Designer ES.

The form has a button which adds more text cells if the user needs it. To test it I add more cells and input data.

I send out the form via email and when I try to add the form the the responses file on my commputer I get the following error message:

"The fields in Roger's Flowed Form pdf do not exactly match the fields in the template in the specified response file. Do you really want to add the form to the responses file?"

I say yes, but the data is missing!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

While the data does not appear in the matrix/column layout, it is still in the actual response file.

The layout shows which individual responses have additional instances data (ie the first response):

Acrobat.png

Double clicking the PDF icon will open that response and you can view the complete response.

In addition, when you export the responses to a Spreadsheet, the additional instances will be displayed as additional columns after the default template.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

While the data does not appear in the matrix/column layout, it is still in the actual response file.

The layout shows which individual responses have additional instances data (ie the first response):

Acrobat.png

Double clicking the PDF icon will open that response and you can view the complete response.

In addition, when you export the responses to a Spreadsheet, the additional instances will be displayed as additional columns after the default template.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Niall,

Worked a treat!

Many thanks for your knowledge and patience.

Level 1

Hi,

I am attempting to solve a similar problem: editing a form to create new fields and adding to an existing responses file.

The above solution has been helpful but is there a process to add an edited form with extra new fields to a responses file pdf? Exporting to a spreadsheet to seems quite a long winded process.

Any ideas? Even a definitive answer on whether or not it is possible would be appreciated.

Thanks