Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report form header/footer and text box pushing to another page HELP!

Former Community Member

OK, I am an amateur at LiveCycle and Acrobat and I have been trying everything to get our department report forms all in PDF.  I want just a simple header with our department information/date/case number and officer. The footer just needs a signature line and supervisor line and for the report narrative area I just need a text box that flows into another page if needed with the header and footers to follow, not the page number though as this is a supplement narrative to another report.  I have tried everything in LiveCycle.  I put the text field in a subform and enabled page break and everything else that all the forums have told me and it still won't flow to a second page, all I get is that scroll box with a + on.  Besides that I can't for the life of me figure out how to do header and footers in LifeCycle.  Its about as simple looking of a narrative report form as there can be, LiveCycle should be able to make it.  Can anyone help?    This is not our full report form, just a narrative portion that we use from time to time but I would like all of our paper reports to be done on PDF. my email is spidee601@hotmail.com  Thanks in advance for any help!

report.png

1 Reply

Level 1

Ok, lets split the problem in smaller pieces:

- The form not going into the second page and just showing a + sign: I got that too... the problem is that your box is fixed on size, you have to allow to "Expand to fit" at the "Layout" options for the Textbox
Expand.JPG

- About the parts that stays on the background on every page and the ones that are only for the page you are inserting it,  the problem is that you have to select the "working area" at the "Master Page", so anything that it's outside the purple rectangle would appear on every page, everything that is put inside the purple rectangle it would be only for that page:

Master.JPG

Page.JPG

Outcome:

Page2.JPG