Expand my Community achievements bar.

Repeating Subforms within Tables and Subforms

Former Community Member

Hi, again =)

I have another question.

I'm working with LiveCycle ES4 on a xml form (xdp).

In this form I have a table with a repeating subform within a row. And inside this subform I have another repeating subform.

It works like this: the first subform contains data of a category and the other subform contains data of a subcategory.

There can be multiple categories and within each category it's possible to have several subcategories listed.

Ok, having said that, my real problem is this one: I can set the header of the table to repeat itself each time the table breaks to the next page but I want the category to repeat also in case the parent subform breaks and I can't.

I tried a billion things to make this work, like putting a table inside a table. But I cannot make both headers to repeat themselves.

Can anyone help me with that?

..I have also another question: How can I prevent the silly single header that has no rows attached from appear in the bottom of the page?

Thanks again.

This community has been very helpful! =)

2 Replies

Level 2

I have just been playing around with tables for a project I am currently working on and may have an idea that might work for your last problem of the orphaned header row at the bottom of the page that has no rows attached. Try making two header rows, even if they contain the same information, and, in the Pagination tab, set the first one as "Include Header Row in Initial Page" and set the second one to "Include Header Row in Subsequent Pages".

You may also find the post http://forums.adobe.com/message/5473853#5473853 of use perhaps.

Hope this helps,

Greig

Former Community Member

Hi =)

Thanks for your reply, Greig =)

I will try your suggestion. I'll post again to say if it worked!

Thanks again =)