Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Repeating Header Rows - Not repeating beyond page 2

Level 1

Hello,

I'm at my wit's end and I have yet to see a response to questions related to repeating headers (though I've seen it in a few forums).

I have a flowed form with an initial header table and then 4 subforms, each made up of tables with a header group of two rows and then a user-modified number of data rows. Each of the subforms has it's own 2 line header, which includes a static "topic" row (with "add/delete row" button) and then a second header row with the column titles (9 columns across). As I said, these two header rows are grouped together.

Each of the 4 subforms can (and does) flow on to multiple pages once filled in by the users. At first, my issue was getting the two rows (grouped) that make up my header to repeat on subsequent pages for each subform. No go - apparently grouped header rows can't make up an overflow leader (I can only choose one of the two), and when I check the box to make the GROUP appear on subsequent pages under pagination, it will only appear on page 1 and 2 for that particular subform...so I've given up on that. Now I just want the second header row (with the column titles) to appear on every page that each subform overflows on to, but I can still only get it to appear TWICE. Anytime a subform moves onto a third page, requiring a third instance of the header, it doesn't work.

I came across one solution involving the "repeat header for each row", but that came with a host of new bugs, including a bug where every time I open, edit data in a particular subform and save the file, a NEW header group row is added to that subform (after 12 opens, there is literally 12 header rows at the top of each of my 4 subforms if I edit data in all 4)...though it solves the other issue and the header rows DO appear properly on subsequent pages beyond page 2!!!!

Any solutions? I've run into this on three separate occasions over the past year when building forms and every time, I've hit this wall, given up the search for a solution and sacrificed aesthetics and functionality in my forms that I shouldn't really have to.

Ck.

6 Replies

Level 10

If it is possible, you can send the file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Will do...thanks for any insight you can provide!

Ck

Level 10

Here is a sample I did for you..

https://acrobat.com/#d=BSeyeLhbaeyqXfwX*wrwzA

The difference with this file, is I created a table and then in the top row I merged all cells. Then created a table with two rows inside this merged cell.

In the Header row properties I checked, repeat header in Subsequent pages.

Let me know if you have any issues..

Thanks

Srini

Level 6

I'm having the same issue as RockDoc_U3O8 re: my table header row not appearing on beyond two (2) subsequent pages. Anytime the table breaks onto a third page (requiring a third instance of the header), the header doesn't appear, despite having "Include Header Row in Subsequent pages" checked. 

Why does it stop at two instances????

Level 1

This problem is in the category of "bad things that happen when generated xml" [aka A Bug]. Most of the answers I found invovled checking particular settings, which could be the cause, but in my case all of the settings were fine, but the problem still persisted. I resolved mine by deselecting the "Include Header.." checkboxes, then changing the row from Header Row to Body Row, then back to Header Row, then selecting the "Include Header..." checkboxes. Voila!

Hope this helps.

Level 1

7 years later. Yep. It works for me as well.