Expand my Community achievements bar.

Repeatable row disabled by default. Need to enable all rows based on value in XML.

Level 2

I have a repeatable row in a table that is defaulted to read only.   If a certain value doesn't exist in the XML (populated != x), I want to make add / remove buttons visible and and make the text fields in the row and all subsequent instances Open.

when populated !=x:

disabled.JPG

This is the code:

if (xfa.host.name != "XFAPresentationAgent" && this.resolveNode("populated").rawValue != "x") {

oTargetField = this.resolveNode("#subform[2].tbl_people.person.name");

oTargetField.access = "open";

oTargetField = this.resolveNode("#subform[2].tbl_people.person.relationship");

oTargetField = this.resolveNode("#subform[2].tbl_people.person.age");

}

When I use this, it only enables the first row and none of the subsequent rows/instances.  

enabled.JPG

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi DCS_JeffW,

I guess, you need to follow these steps:

1) You need to find the number of repeating rows first. Assuming that "people.person" is the repeating instance:

var countOfPPInstances = xfa.resolveNode("....people.person").instanceManager.count;

2) Modify your code as follws:

if (xfa.host.name != "XFAPresentationAgent" && this.resolveNode("populated").rawValue != "x")

{

for(var i=0;i<countOfPPInstances;i++)

{                              

xfa.resolveNode(“..people.person[“+i+”].name").access=”open”;

xfa.resolveNode(“..people.person[“+i+”].relationship").access=”open”;     

xfa.resolveNode(“..people.person[“+i+”].age").access=”open”;

}              

}

Let me know if this works. Alternatively, you can mail me your form @ kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com

Level 2

Suspect Attachment

I changed to:

var countOfPPInstances = xfa.resolveNode("tbl_people.person").instanceManager.count;

if (xfa.host.name != "XFAPresentationAgent" && this.resolveNode("populated").rawValue != "x")

{

for(var i=0;i<countOfPPInstances;i++)

{

xfa.resolveNode("tbl_people.person["i"].name").access="open";

xfa.resolveNode("tbl_people.person["i"].relationship").access="open";

xfa.resolveNode("tbl_people.person["i"].age").access="open";

}

}

And it works perfectly!

Thank you!!

-Jeff