Expand my Community achievements bar.

registration form won't work on a Mac - Designed on PC

Level 1

Using LC CS5, built a registration form (windows machine) and they work great except for those using a mac. they can't submit by clicking on "submit by email" it does nothing, and when they just attach the form it comes in blank on my end unless I click in the fields then I can see their information, but as soon as i tab to  the next field it disappears again. I thought the fomrs were coming in blank at first. I cannot get them to to automatically go to the response file either.

Any help would be much appreciated, I really need these forms to work for both platforms, What do I need to do or what do they need to do to get the form to   work

Thank you
C

2 Replies

Former Community Member

My guess is that you are not using ADobe Reader to read the forms on the Mac but you are using the PDF viewer that ships with the Mac. That product has trouble reading XFA forms .....so make sure you use Adobe viewers and your forms will be filled properly. Regarding the email issue ... depending on how you setup your email button will determine whther this will work on a Mac or not. If you submit to a mailto:email address URL then it shoudl work. If you use other methods then that relys on a windows API called Mapi to inetract with a mail client. This technique will obviously not work on a Mac. Make sure you are using the mailto technique....all though I do not have a Mac to test with and verify.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you very much for your information, You were right on about the Macs. But I do have some individuals with other problems I will work on as well

Thank your for your help

Cheryle Costa