Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

ReferenceError: Error #1056: Cannot create property code on mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage.

Level 2

Hi all

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error message around 50% of the time when connecting to a C# class exposed through WebOrb? It appears to be completely random. Sometimes it'll connect, sometimes not.

ReferenceError: Error #1056: Cannot create property code on mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts! If you need any more info in particular let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks

Dustin

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Maybe the error object differs depending on something, so a different type is returned. This would explain why your error says property "code" does not exist for mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage

Step through the code and see what object is being returned, and then perhaps check the type in your code with something like this:

if(myObj is mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage){

do something

}

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Level 2

Hey Greg, thanks for the response.

I'm still not sure where the property "code" is. I've searched through my entire project and the server-side methods too. I guess it could be something that WebOrb returns as an error message.

Anyway, I found the root cause of the problem. I was calling the same server-side method twice, sometimes I guess due to slightly different timings within the app, it would work, and sometimes not.

After Googling and finding a couple of mentions of changing properties from private to public (no mention of remote objects though), I tried changing my client-side class which invokes the remote object to public and that worked too. Hope that makes sense.

So all fixed - finally!

Thanks again

Dustin

Level 2

STILL NOT FIXED!!! I must have tried the app 20 times after making the changes but the problem has come back.

Back to the drawing board.

Level 1

Got the same (type of) error.

- I change something in my server side class (such as the name of an attribute from x to y),

- I do the same change on my client side class (name of the attribut from x to y)

- I rebuild everything cleanly (remove of all classes, ...)

I'm getting the ReferenceError 'cannot create property x on ...)

- x is not a special name (I modified FITcriteria into criteria)

Is there some place where the structure of a class is being persisted ?

Level 2

Hey Francis, at some point I think I did have a server-side property called "code" but I changed that soon after I created it.

I'm sure I have nothing with that name now. I've either deleted or changed the name of it.

I think you're right - there's persisting here. Do you use WebOrb too?

Level 1

I'm using tomcat (actually the standalone JIRA server).

It's turning me nuts.

I now moved all the code to the standalone of blazeds to see if it's persisted there.

I renamed my classes from Requirement to BaseRequirement (server side and client side)

Recalculated a serialVersionID

Rebuild everything

And still it is popping up this referenceError.

Deleted all 'tldCache.ser'

Where is it being persisted ?

Former Community Member

I got the code when I up graded to Adobe air and it has a conflect with accure weather..... Looks like someone attached it to the upgrade to Adobe 8

Enter the code in the Adobe support search web page and you get another erro code not in English....hummmm   Google comes up on the support button

to reg the google internet browers I did and google came up and I type in the adobe 1056 error...Over 5 third party free fixes came up???? Windows 7

didn't like anyone of them.......I called Adobe support and no help for free......I uninstalled the Adobe Air and the error went away along with adobe Air...

It seems everyone else knows there is a problem but Adobe???? I love Adobe.....I don't like there lack of Training their customer support people....