Expand my Community achievements bar.

Recognize key words in value and reference later in form, real time

Former Community Member

How do I make my form recognize certain key words in the value that the user types and reference that value later in a table, real time? There is a more complex scenario to add to this once this issue is resolved. I can give examples should I get a response. Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

to be able to find some key words in a field using strings, you can use the function indexOf();

This function is known to return the index of a value inside an array, for a string the indexOf() function is used to return the index of the first character where the value is found...

E.g.:

If your value is found in the string, it will return its index, but if there is no instance of the value you are looking for, it will return -1 (false)

So..

Hope this help!

Former Community Member

Thank you Magus069,

This is getting me I the right direction, I'm just not there yet. here is my reply from another post I made last week taking it one step farther in the scenario.

"I have attached screen shots from my form in run-time as well as my hierarchy. My form is really a template for Engineers who will need to fill this out and there will be many cases where the user will need to add additional text fields (add instances) using a click event. Later in the template, I have tables that need to reference the value of text fields within each instance should the value be "critical". However, since the user will be adding instances, I don't know how to reference the value of a new instance at run-time. I can send you more in an email if this doesn't make sense. Thank you for your time and help! I have only taught myself everything with LiveCycle so please be patient if I don't understand conclusions. My apologies in advance. Thanks again!

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Level 10

Hi again,

to be able to get through each instances you need a loop, and if you have more instances inside 1 instance, you will need to make more than 1 loop

If I understand well what you are trying to do, your code should look something like this : (But before doing this, please rename your (untitled Subform) (page 3) to Main or Page3

I hope this is what you are looking for, if not it should be pretty much similar to what you want to do!

Hope this help!