Expand my Community achievements bar.

ReadTimeOut Error in Adobe Process after 10mins

Level 2

Hi All

I am using Adobe workbench Lifecycle 9.5. When I invoke the process either through client or Through Webservice I am getting timeout after 10 mins.

Somebody pls suggest me how to get out of the issue.

Rajasekaran T

Pls reply if more information required on my process

5 Replies

Level 2

Guys

Pls reply. awaiting solution for the same.

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

1:-First Check that Service is deployed and running.

2:-Invoke the service from Workbench, record and play, check it is working or not.

If service is working properly then problem is in invocation, check log file for more details or see the steps how to invoke the process as webservice..

Thanks

Level 2

Hi Aks

The services and Web service invoke is happing fine and I have checked no issue in that configuration. The problem is when the Service continouesly for more than 10 minutes due to high data volume. Then I am getting timeout. The sane service works fine upto 1000 records. Is there something which I miss in server configuration and etc??

Rajasekaran T

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

There is one more configuration you need to make to resolve this issue.

Right Click on Process in workbench->Configure->Advanced(tab)->Timeout, there are two options:

1:Default: Specifies to use the application server's transaction time-out setting.

2:Number Of Seconds: Specifies to wait the number of seconds specified before rolling back a transaction.

Either increase the server transaction time out(varies according to server) in server configuration file or select second option.

Note:Selecting second option is advisable because it will have impact on single process

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Community Member

I have this same problem running a LiveCycle process on JBoss/Linux after 10 minutes.  I have a support ticket open, but I'm not getting any help. 

1. I have changed the JBoss transaction timeout to 20 minutes

2. I have also increased the Number of Seconds to 1500 (Right Click on Process in workbench->Configure->Advanced(tab)), but I still get the following exception after 10 minutes:

ALC-DSC-099-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCSocketTimeoutException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.throwExceptionHandler(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:203)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:129)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:66)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.workbench.utils.invoke.InvokeWithProgressRunner.invokeServiceOperation(InvokeWithProgressRunner.java:230)

at com.adobe.workbench.utils.invoke.InvokeWithProgressRunner.run(InvokeWithProgressRunner.java:125)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1804)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:127)

... 5 more