Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

ReaderExtensionsService Error Number ALC-RES-001-002

Former Community Member

Hi,

i try the Adoby Sample: Quick Start: Applying usage rights using the web service API for WSE Services
http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/000125.html#1548411

Everytime i start the servie i get message:  ALC-RES-001-002: No credential found with alias [admin... When i try sample to generate 3D-PDF, all works right. But by the Extensions the same credentialAlias does not work. I'm using the AdobyLiveCycle ES 8.2 Update1 as Trail version with AdobyAcrobat 9.1 and have all installed with JBoss on a Windows 2003 Server like deklared in InstallTurnkey from adoby.

What can i do? Here a part of the code:

ReaderExtensionsServiceServiceWse  readerExClient = new ReaderExtensionsServiceServiceWse();

readerExClient.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(USER_ID, PASSWORD);
                //Specify the PDF document

string path = OUTPUT_PDF_PATH;

FileStream fs = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open);

//Get the length of the file stream

int len = (int)fs.Length;

byte[] ByteArray=new byte[len];

//Populate the byte array with the contents of the FileStream object

fs.Read(ByteArray, 0, len);

inDoc.binaryData = ByteArray;

//Create a UsageRight object and specify usage rights

UsageRights useRight = new UsageRights();

useRight.enabledComments = true;

useRight.enabledFormFillIn = true;

useRight.enabledDigitalSignatures  = true;

useRight.enabledDynamicFormFields  = true;

//Create a ReaderExtensionsOptions object

ReaderExtensionsOptionSpec reOptions = new ReaderExtensionsOptionSpec();

reOptions.usageRights = useRight;

reOptions.message = "This is a Rights-Enabled PDF Document";

//Apply usage rights to a PDF document

ReaderExtensionsService.BLOB outDoc = readerExClient.applyUsageRights(

inDoc,

USER_ID,

PASSWORD,

reOptions);

The full errormessage is:

An unexpected exception was encountered: com.adobe.livecycle.readerextensions.cl
ient.exceptions.ReaderExtensionsException: ALC-RES-001-002: No credential found
with alias [administrator].
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClie
ntMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCal
l)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodN
ame, Object[] parameters)
   at Pdfg3dWebServiceClient.ReaderExtensionsService.ReaderExtensionsServiceServ
iceWse.applyUsageRights(BLOB inPDFDoc, String credentialAlias, String credential
Password, ReaderExtensionsOptionSpec applyOptions) in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\Live
Cycle_ES_SDK\samples\PDF3dGenerator\DotNet\Pdfg3dWebServiceClient\Web References
\ReaderExtensionsService\Reference.cs:line 38
   at Pdfg3dWebServiceClient.Pdfg3dClientWS.Main(String[] args) in c:\adobe\live
cycle8.2\livecycle_es_sdk\samples\pdf3dgenerator\dotnet\pdfg3dwebserviceclient\p
dfg3dclientws.cs:line 183

If i uncomment line2:  readerExClient.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(USER_ID, PASSWORD); the errormessage says:

An unexpected exception was encountered:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClie
ntMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCal
l)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodN
ame, Object[] parameters)
   at Pdfg3dWebServiceClient.ReaderExtensionsService.ReaderExtensionsServiceServ
iceWse.applyUsageRights(BLOB inPDFDoc, String credentialAlias, String credential
Password, ReaderExtensionsOptionSpec applyOptions) in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\Live
Cycle_ES_SDK\samples\PDF3dGenerator\DotNet\Pdfg3dWebServiceClient\Web References
\ReaderExtensionsService\Reference.cs:line 38
   at Pdfg3dWebServiceClient.Pdfg3dClientWS.Main(String[] args) in c:\adobe\live
cycle8.2\livecycle_es_sdk\samples\pdf3dgenerator\dotnet\pdfg3dwebserviceclient\p
dfg3dclientws.cs:line 183

And like sayed before with Generate 3D PDF Service API Quick Starts it works fine.

Thanks for all answers.

0 Replies