Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reader Extension rights problem in Reader 9.x

Level 2

Hi Experts,

I was working on ADLC 8.2.3 version shipped by SAP.

I am using reader 9.X

My Development have one data source being used by 2 different dynamic forms where forms content enable and disable dynamically based on user inputs.

Every time I save the form with data changes it saves as a new version. no problem with this.

When I create for the 1st time v 0001 is created.

now I open 0001 edit and save V 0002 is created.

Again when I open V0002 to edit the following message is displayed.

"This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

This is been happening very recently and only with form 2 form 1 works fine.

Also when i searched this error i found that it was bug in reader 8.1.. and a patch is relased on top of it, but i am using 9.X.

Can somebody help me what was the reason behind.

Thanks 7 Regards,

Sai

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I have seen this once before, where a Reader enabled form was opened on a computer where the system date/time is older than the date/time when the form was enabled.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the reply.

But both my ADS (Adobe document service) server and my development / test environment are in same location thus same time Zone.

Also how does this imapct the form.

Lets say I created version 0001 @ 1:00 PM

Version 0002 is created @ 1:05 PM

I opened v 0002 in edit mode @ 1:30 PM at all times since I am in same environment this shouldn't hamper the process unless I opened the 0002 version in edit @ 1:30 Pm and if this publication from the server had a turnaround time of 2 minutes then by the time i see the form its 1:32 PM.

Can this be the reason...?

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Level 10

Hi Sai,

I am not sure, hopefully someone may have a better handle on this.

It might be worth posting to the RE forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle/livecycle_es/reader_extensions_es

Good luck,

Niall