Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

reader extend pdf form in designer?

Former Community Member

is it possible to reader extend a pdf form in designer?

i did it in adobe acrobat pro trial version, via advanced/extend features in adobe reader  but the form is not sending anything to my SOAP endpoint..

it works fine when opening the pdf in adobe acrobat pro, but not in adobe acrobat reader.

E

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can't purchase the LCRE component off the web. As far as I know you need to contact sales in your geographical area and determine what modules you want to purchase.

See here.

I am not sure if the trial here, includes the LCRE component, as you have to pay an additional fee to Adobe for every form that is reader enabled through LCRE.

I don't have LCRE, so can't advise on the process.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It is not possible to reader enable a form in LC Designer.

LC Designer is part of a suite of server components (LiveCycle Enterprise Suite). Adobe have a component called LC Reader Extensions ES, which can be used to reader enable a form and maintain full functionality. But it is expensive (being intended for large organisations).

Here is a summary of ways to deploy a form and the limits on functionality. It covers not reader enabling a form / enabling it using Acrobat / enabling it using LC Reader Extensions ES.

Now if you reader enable a form using Acrobat, certain functions are turned off, including communications to and from databases.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

hi Nial,

according to what i read i would need "livecycle re" but under downloads i can find only a: trial version of the adobe reader extensions credential.

any idea where i can get livecycle re?

E

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can't purchase the LCRE component off the web. As far as I know you need to contact sales in your geographical area and determine what modules you want to purchase.

See here.

I am not sure if the trial here, includes the LCRE component, as you have to pay an additional fee to Adobe for every form that is reader enabled through LCRE.

I don't have LCRE, so can't advise on the process.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

thanks Niall,

thats sad, i will have to find some other solution to get the data into livecycle, this pdf submition seemed to be easy and uncomplicated but obviously adobe does a lot of restricting policies so we maybe just send it per email or do normal html form to submit it.

E