Expand my Community achievements bar.

Read Only Form with Warning Message?

Former Community Member

We've created a form that has only "read only" fields on it (consisting of three master pages and page data) which is using a DataConnection to bind the data on the form.  The issue that we keep having is that Purple Message stating:

"Please fill out the following form.  You cannot save data typed into this form.  Please print your completed form inf you would like a copy for your records."

That would make a lot of sense if we had a "User Entered" field on the form, but I double checked everyone of them and I don't see any.  So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how from the form to remove this message or any other ideas to try?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

That message comes up because you have created a form (even though there are no input fields). There ar means to make this a print form (not sure if that woudl surpress the message or not) but these are all server based solutions.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul

Thanks for the quick response...I guess that makes sense - it's probably just telling you what your access/rights are for the form.  Overall it is just a bit confusing since we have some other "read only" forms that we are using the same way and they don't show this message.  They also do have quite a few less fields on the form, but I doubt the size of this specific form would make a difference.

Thanks

Level 3

You can try this:

Reader enable the form in Adobe Acrobat