Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reactivate Auto Text Re-Size

Level 1

I have used the Font palette to change the font size to 0 under value properties.  For some text boxes this turns on the auto text resize as it should.  Sometimes when I reposition a text box or change the size of the text box the font auto resize turns off.  When this happens instead of 0 font size making the font get smaller as more data is entered, it just makes all the data very very small regardless of number of characters.

Occassionally a "Tips and hints" box appears when resizing a text box that states:

"Resizing a text object by draggin its borders turns off the object's Expand to Fit option.  This option automatically changes the size of a text object as you add or delete text.  You can turn the Expand to Fit option back on in the Layout palette."

My question is how?  When this option is turned off the font size still shows as 0 in the font palette.  Changing the number and then chaning again back to 0 does not turn it on.

I have read some posts discussing the script language of these settings.  How do I access the script?  Or is there a method another method to reactive auto resize of the text?

2 Replies

Level 4

On the font palette tab, select "Currently editing Value properties ..." and not editing both and then in the font size enter 0. This will tell the field to auto-size the field font in the given field area.

~Vipin

Level 1

As I stated above, the font size is 0 and the expand to fit is still not on.  The font is now just very small.  There has to be another setting somewhere.  It would be most helpful to have access to the script language so I can change it manually.  Do you know how to access the script language?