Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Radio Buttons

Level 1

Hi

I have designed a form that collects data e.g. quote form in lifecycle in this form I have a single button, when activated it can not be reversed and when the form is submitted back to the author it cant be reversed which is great seems to be locked in, but I have also merged together two buttons enabling a client to select one of the two options(seems to toggle back and forward), but have found that the buttons when selected and the form is submitted back to the author they can be moved not good for something that requires to be legitimate form collecting data,(leaves you open to litigation), they seem to work different to a single button which cant be moved after it has been selected and the form has been submitted to the author.

Is there a way to set them up so that when the client selects there choice they locked after they submit the form back to the author not prior just in case they decide to change there minds as people do, I want to leave that option open for clients until they submit the form but ensuring that they are locked when the form is submitted back to the author and there end as well.?

P.S. I am not good with scripting and so on, so detailed replies will be greatly appreciated and if required I am willing to forward the form and pay for your services.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can "lock" fields when the form is submitted but this only stops the user from making changes through the UI. If you knew what you were doing you coudl hack the PDF and change it. If you truely want to lock the form down you woudl need a digital signature. This will not stop a malicious user from changing th edoc, but when it was opened Acrobat/Reader woudl warn you that the doc has been changed form the original version. This is the real way to lock a form for legal purposes. By adding a digital signature you also increase the level of complexity of your solution (you have to manage and maintain the digital certs etc...).

Is simple locking of fields good enough for your app?

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul

Thank you for the reply yes a simple situation will be fine as  I am of firm belief that if they are that good they will find a way, as previously stated I am illiterate at this type of stuff the areas of concern are the radio button that I have merged together under the heading Assessment Type and Design Consultation, these buttons I would like to lock when they submit the form but still have access to them until that point in the event they decide to change there mind as remarked in the original post.

I would like to attach the file but can not seem to find an attachment button, if you would like the file please let me know, or let me know what i need to do to try and complete the situation i have will be greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member

You can send the form to

LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance. Please include a description of the issue in the email.

Thanks

paul