Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Radio Buttons, Global Binding, and Change Event

Former Community Member

I have a pair of radio button groups with the same name that I have set to Global binding.  The radio buttons in these radio button groups have script in the change event.  The problem is, when I click on a button in one group, it doesn't fire the change event in the other one, even though the corresponding button changes.  I can work around this, but I'm curious why this doesn't work.

4 Replies

Level 4

I had the same problem once. My suggestion:

Change is meant as "user changes this entry" meaning "user changes this entry through entering this field" NOT meaning "a script, binding etc. changes this field ".

But though I think you can script in your second box so that the first box event is executed.

Former Community Member

ocen12 is correct - the change event will only fire when a user clicks on the radiobutton. It will not fire when a script changes the value. I tried it here and found that the radio buttons on both groups act like they are under the same exclusion group. Do you see the same thing? If I select a value in the second exclusion group any value I had in the 1st one is gone.

Paul

Level 4

> I tried it here and found that the radio buttons on both groups act like they are under the same exclusion group.

Checked it and mine are working fine.

Level 2

what if you change the name of the RadioButtonList1 and the orher RadioButtonList2