Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Radio Button to make other field Mandatory

Level 1

I have two Radio Buttons that I want when clicked on (either one) to make a Number Field mandatory. I have viewed many websites on setting a mandatory field but the script I am using will not work. I have tried a couple ways of writing it but I seem to be missing something.

I have used this script in the Show of: click & change

Here is the script that I'm using right now.

if  (this.rawValue==1)   

{

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory ="error";

}

else

{

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory ="disabled";

And this one:

if (this.rawValue==2)

{

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory ="error";

}

else

{

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory ="disabled";

}

Thanks,

HHud5757

4 Replies

Level 7

So, I put a quick form together to test your code.

On the change event of the radio button list (not the radio button itself), I added:

if (this.rawValue == 1) tfTest.mandatory = "error";

else tfTest.mandatory = "disabled";

In my case, the radio button with the value of 1 is the one I want to make the field mandatory. If you want either button to make it mandatory, then use:

if (this.rawValue == 1 || this.rawValue == 2) tfTest.mandatory = "error";

Level 1

Great I will give this a try.

I have used

if(this.rawValue ==1 || ==2)  but I did not add the   this.rawValue

Does the  tf in the tfTest.mandatory ="error";  mean true or false? I am learning this JavaScrpt as I go along.

Thanks for your help.

Level 7

tf is just part of the name of the field. Since you can't see what I've got in my form, I used that to indicate it was a text field. e.g., tf = text field, btn = button, cb = check box. With a prefix, if someone is looking at script, they can easily determine what object type is being referenced.

Level 3

I would recommend using checkboxes instead of radio buttons for things like this. They act a little less quirky, and it's easy to set them to uncheck the other boxes as needed.

Try this script on the change event (javascript):

if (this.rawValue == "1") {      //if the checkbox is checked

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory = "error";      //make field mandatory

OtherCheckbox.rawValue = "0";      //uncheck other checkbox

} else {      //if the checkbox is not checked

AssemblyNu-1.mandatory = "";      //field is not mandatory

}