Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio Button Data not Merging

Level 2

I can "merge data to spreadsheet" for all my text fields, but neither the field names nor data come out for the radio button fields. Any idea why?

I've bound item values to the exclusion group, set data binding to "Use name", and I haven't renamed the individual button objects. I have renamed the exclusion group so that the object names are unique.

Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 2

So as an experiment I added some check boxes.

Data from text fields, drop downs and check boxes all land in Acrobat's report.csv file provided that binding is set. No radio button data is exported. What is it about radio buttons?

I'm using LCD ES2 ver. 9 to create the form and Acrobat X to create report.csv.

I've been able to reproduce the symptom on multiple test forms....never seem to get radio button data.

Bug maybe?

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

I think you are right, we used to keep a machine with Acrobat 9 just for the one form we still process this way.

Bruce

Level 2

Wow, that is a surprise.

Guess I'll dig out my copy of 9.

Thanks.

Level 2

Bruce, your comment makes me wonder if there is a better way to collect data from these forms. At this point we're looking for .csv data. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

We now use a webservice to submit the xml of the form (and any attachments).  At one point we did submit the PDF byte stream to the webservice but now we just render it again with the XML form data.

This has the added advantage of allowing us to do some server side checks, things like is the application round still open, does the user have the correct roles, etc.

It also allows us to return a reference number to the form, so the user gets confirmation that the form was received.

Regards

Bruce