Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio button alignment

Level 2

How do you align a set of mututally exclusive radio buttons horizontially in a table so that each button falls into an independent cell?  When I create a mutually exclusive set the group vertically?

13 Replies

Level 6

I'm not positive about this, but the mutual exclusion group may not be able to span cells.  If your table structure allows, try merging the cells in the button row so that you have one cell across the table.  Then stretch the group box to span the width of the cell, and position each RB above its respective column.

Level 2

Thanks but I also gave that a try with no luck...  very frustrating

Former Community Member

Just tried it here ....created the radiobuttonlist outside of th etable then dragged the radiobuttonlist into the cell. All radiobuttons will be on top of each other (no other place to put them). Expand the cell size, then click on the individual Radiobuttons in the hierarchy view, now you can drag them to other places within the same cell.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

When you use your appraoch and drg the stacked up buttons to other cells their mutually connected breaks apart.

Former Community Member

You cannot break a group across cells ....they must stay with the same cell.

Paul

Level 2

Well...if you copy the radio group, then paste it in a merged cell, it grows that cell too wide then stacks the three radio button back on top of each other. Try that out and see what happens.

Create a table with 5 columns, merge 3 of the cells in a row, then put the radio group in that merged cell. Make the initial columns with headers only wide enough for the text, YES, NO, N/A. Let me know your results.

Former Community Member

I get the stacked effect as well .....but if you resize the cell to a bigger size then you can take each radiobutton and unstack it.

Paul

Level 2

did your merged cell change size when you drag the stacked radio buttons into it? If so this will happen in every cell and you have to adjust the whole table over and over again.

Former Community Member

Yes ..it grew to the size of a single radiobutton ...if it is bigger than that then it will not change size. If you reduce the size of the radiobutton before dragging then it will not resize to fit the object.

paul

Level 2

I don't think you understand my issue.

if you copy the radio group, then paste it in a merged cell, it grows that cell too wide then stacks the three radio button back on top of each other. Try that out and see what happens.

Create a table with 5 columns, merge 3 of the cells in a row, then put the radio group in that merged cell. Make the initial columns with headers only wide enough for the text, YES, NO, N/A. Let me know your results.

Former Community Member

If I copy the RadioButtonList in and not each individual RadioButton then it seems to be OK

Paul

Level 2

can you send me a community clip video showing it? the site won't accept attachments for me to show you on my end.

Level 2

I had to force a workaround and trick the layout of the form. When I get time I will email you my results. I don't recommend anyone do this as it will take hours.

Thanks for your help as always Paul!