Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Wordnum" Help please

Level 1

HI all

I am quite a newbie to this community as well as the Livecycle program, recently I have been trying to construct a fairly basic financial form which the most part has been quite simple to achieve, however I have reached a stumbling block in that I wish to create a text field which represents in words that of a monetary value entered into a decimal field

I have achieved a result fairly easily using FormCalc WordNum which smartly reproduced my monetary input however it was displayed in Dollars & Cents  when what I actually wanted was the UK currency of Pounds & Pence

I am sure this is a fairly simple fix for those in the know and I appeal to you for help but please bear in mind my technical abilities and my experience in this program is somewhat limited

Program is LiveCycle ES2

Thanking you all in advance for any assistance you can provide

7 Replies

Level 7

Take a look at the documentation below:

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2

It looks like the last parameter needs to be set to en_GB in your case.

Level 1

Many thanks for this I have tried in putting the parameter en_GB but it rejects it

As I say I am not that "techy" minded so me well have in-putted incorrectly if any one has an example of how this string should look I would be grateful

Level 7

Can you post your FormCalc script?

Level 1

Thanks once again for taking the time to reply here is the script as it is now 

WordNum(DecimalField1 , 2 )

Decimal field 1 represents the field which I use to input the value, the script is associated to another field whereby currently I get the monetary figures converted to words albeit as it stands displayed as dollars & Cents

I did try adding the , en_GB but as stated previously it gets rejected

Level 7

Well so much for that idea. Let's try a string replacement:

Replace(Replace(WordNum(DecimalField1,2),"Dollars","Pounds"),"Cents","Pence")

Level 1

Brilliant works a treat, I cannot thank -you enough and really appreciate you taking the time to help

I was beginning to think I was stuck with the US Dollar

There's a drink with your name on it at my local

Thanks

Level 1

Brilliant works a treat, I cannot thank -you enough and really appreciate you taking the time to help

I was beginning to think I was stuck with the US Dollar

There's a drink with your name on it at my local

Thanks