Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

"User Entered - Required" Question

Level 2

Hello All,

I am working on a form currently and have a question.

About a month ago, I made a quote template that our employees just have to enter data that changes from quote to quote.  How I had it was things that changed from time to time, I put as a "User Entered - Required" Value Type so that it would display a red box around the fields that required data entry.

Well here is the problem...sometime from a month ago to now, that red box has disapeared to any and every damn template that I have made.  And not only that, but when I start over from scratch, the red box is also not available.

Another thing to note is that when setting a regular non-required field appearance to none, it doesnt even dispay that faint light blue box where the field is on the actual pdf form.

So im not sure if maybe I clicked a property or option or something to disable this, but I would really like to have these features back.

If all else fails, there has to be a way to restore livecycle to its default propeties correct?  If so, then how?  I know for MS Word i could just delete the registry files for it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

1 Reply

Level 2

Okay I backed up the entire adobe registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe

And then I deleted the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Designer

Well that did nothing but mess up my workspace and palette locations.  So I restored the registry with the backup I made.

So next I figured it must be an Acrobat setting, so instead of searching through the options trying to find it, I then deleted the registry located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat

And what do you know, it worked like a charm!!! I didnt have any important settings in Acrobat anyways

Now those wondering how I made the red box disappear because you dont like it, dont ask because I have no idea LMAO