Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Save As" in created PDF

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to using LiveCycle Designer. I've got about a week of experience under my belt here, and I've made a few different PDF forms. One in particular, is a 2 page form that will be used by my co-workers as a general work form. They fill out information, then save it to a share on the server. I can get it to print, but we want an electronic copy that they can either save to the share, or email. When I go to save it, all I get is Save as Copy or Save as Text. Is there any options in LiveCycle Designer, that could be blocking this? I just want them to be able to open the file, type in the text fields, and save it to the server.

I checked the forums, but when I type in Save As, I get about a zillion results. I tried to narrow it down to LiveCycle Designer ES, and got 0 results. If someone here could help me, I'd be very much appreciative.

Thanks very much for your time!

-AJ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

It sounds like your users are accessing the form using Reader. If this is the case, you'll need to enable the form so Reader users can save a copy of the actual pdf. To enable the form, open it in Acrobat and click on the Advanced tab. Select Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader from the drop-down list, then click the Save Now button from the box that pops up. You'll get a second pop-up window that will give you the chance to rename the form so you can distinguish the enabled form from the original. I usually just add -RE to the end of the form name. Once that's done, your users should have no trouble saving the pdf.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

It sounds like your users are accessing the form using Reader. If this is the case, you'll need to enable the form so Reader users can save a copy of the actual pdf. To enable the form, open it in Acrobat and click on the Advanced tab. Select Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader from the drop-down list, then click the Save Now button from the box that pops up. You'll get a second pop-up window that will give you the chance to rename the form so you can distinguish the enabled form from the original. I usually just add -RE to the end of the form name. Once that's done, your users should have no trouble saving the pdf.

Level 1

What if I don't have Acrobat? (My administrator does, I do not.) Is there a way to do what you just described in LiveCycle Designer?

Level 7

My apologies, since Designer ships with Acrobat I assumed you had both programs installed. You can't enable forms in Designer, you can only enable them through Acrobat or Reader Extensions.

Level 1

Alright, thanks much. I'll have to ask my admin if he can do it for me. I appreciate your time and effort!

Level 7

No problem, happy to help. If I'm not mistaken you can legally install the same copy of Acrobat on 2 machines, maybe your admin could put it on your machine for you?