Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Copy Multiple" results are out of order

Level 1

I'm using LiveCycle Designer (numerous versions) and have come across what I believe to be a bug.

If I create a text or numeric field, and use "Copy Multiple," the fields are positioned in an orderly way, and in the hierarchy it shows FieldName[0], FieldName[1], FieldName[2] and so on, as expected.

However, on the form itself, the fields are out of order. For example, if I used "Copy Multiple" to make 5 additional fields, FieldName[5] appears directly under FieldName[0], For the screen shot, I've changed the captions to show the field name, as generated with Copy Multiple.

I thought I had used this feature successfully a number of years ago, but it certainly doesn't work now (with ES2 or ES3). Suggestions?Capture.PNG

3 Replies

Level 1

I noticed this behavior a long time ago in earlier versions of LCD and it still persists in ES3. I have always just rearranged the order in the heirarchy panel.

Level 1

The fields are in order in the Hierarchy panel (which doesn't really matter anyway). The order on the layout is backwards, meaning I  have to manually rearrange them on the form. Rendering the "Copy Multiple" feature  COMPLETELY USELESS, if you are using FormCalc to create an equation that you don't want in a table.

Level 1

The same problem occurs with Acrobat X. Very frustrating, especially since the "create multiple copies" could be such a time saver.