Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Approved" = one page "Denied" = two pages How?

Former Community Member

I have an application response letter that has two choices for our agents to pick. If they choose Appoved, then it opens a drop down list with 6 other choices but they all fit on one page. If they choose Denied, the information spans two pages. 

How do I do that without putting an extra page in the document that is wasted on an Approved response? Please don't say to make the page subform flowed because trying to do so I've locked up LiveCycle twice and given my computer a blue screen dump. This letter has so many subforms and actions built into it that I fear I'm creating a 3mb pdf but I had to use Action Builder because I'm script impaired. Please don't mock the afflicted. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No, No, you can't make me.....

I don't know how this would work on this form. This is the one where the first page doesn't print. It's where the agent enters information into fields that relayout into hidden fields on the next page making it a form letter. But if the agent chooses Approved, there are six sub categories (only one at a time, not all 6) that can be chosen to become visible on the form. So the layout is already on page 1 and the hidden fields are on page 2.

Is there a way to script that if Approved is chosen, page 3 doesn't print? Then I could just layout the information for Denied across the two pages.

I feel like I've been working on this form for eternity but it was only started last week. I should have chosen a simpler form to start with and I've probably made a clumsy mess of it trying to figure out how to make it work. The thing is, this is the first form that our agency has ever seen like this. It has to work perfectly or the decision will be made not to do it this way and we'll go back to making "fill in the blank" static forms. It's up to me to make it right. If I can, this will be so much better for our clients.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

(Block your ears) - Set the page to Flowed.

Start by setting up your various form objects into subforms (probably have this done already). Then place all of the subforms onto the Design page (page1) in the hierarchy. When LC Designer runs out of space it will create a new instance of page1 for the overflow.

So your hierarchy should only have one Design page, but within the workspace there will be two pages.

Make sense?

Now in relation to file size:

• First try and limit the number of fonts. Some fonts can add Mb to a form.
  • I would recommend Myriad Pro fonts, which are built into Acrobat and Reader, so you can go to the File > Form Properties > Save Options and deselect embed fonts.
  • If you have images, select them one at a time and in the Object > Field palette, deselect "embed image".

This should reduce the file size. You may want to do this first before proceeding with the Flowed layout.

Niall

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No, No, you can't make me.....

I don't know how this would work on this form. This is the one where the first page doesn't print. It's where the agent enters information into fields that relayout into hidden fields on the next page making it a form letter. But if the agent chooses Approved, there are six sub categories (only one at a time, not all 6) that can be chosen to become visible on the form. So the layout is already on page 1 and the hidden fields are on page 2.

Is there a way to script that if Approved is chosen, page 3 doesn't print? Then I could just layout the information for Denied across the two pages.

I feel like I've been working on this form for eternity but it was only started last week. I should have chosen a simpler form to start with and I've probably made a clumsy mess of it trying to figure out how to make it work. The thing is, this is the first form that our agency has ever seen like this. It has to work perfectly or the decision will be made not to do it this way and we'll go back to making "fill in the blank" static forms. It's up to me to make it right. If I can, this will be so much better for our clients.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----