Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Quick assistance on a forms project

Level 1

Hi.

I'm creating a simple form page with some text and date inputs, and I don't know how I can save the fulfilled form as pdf, it only allow save as a blank form pdf.

Anyone can help me out with it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Okay,

Next open the form in LC Designer and make sure that for each of the fields that the binding is set to Name/Normal or if you specifically require Global (see the Object > Binding palette). If the binding is set to None, then this may be the problem.

Also while in Designer check that the Preserve Script Changes is set to Automatic (see File > Form Properties > Defaults tab).

You will then need to Reader Enable the form again.

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Are you opening the form in the free Adobe Reader?

If you are then the form has not been Reader Enabled. This can be done in either LC Reader Extensions ES2.5 (which is a server component) or in Acrobat (which has licensing restrictions).

See here for more info: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

Deploy Options 02 - Save.png

Niall

Level 1

Hi Nial

Yes, I need to open the file on free reader. I had the Acrobat X pro on trial period. Where I find the option to enable it?

Level 10

Hi,

If you open the form in Acrobat X, then the option to Reader Enable it is here:

Acrobat1.png

Note licence restrictions in EULA.

Niall

Level 1

Hi

I tried this method and the save option became available on the free reader, but the saved pdf with the data filled, do not show the content when I open it again. it appears fully empty.

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Okay,

Next open the form in LC Designer and make sure that for each of the fields that the binding is set to Name/Normal or if you specifically require Global (see the Object > Binding palette). If the binding is set to None, then this may be the problem.

Also while in Designer check that the Preserve Script Changes is set to Automatic (see File > Form Properties > Defaults tab).

You will then need to Reader Enable the form again.

Niall

Level 1

Hi.

It worked perfectly, thank you Niall.

Just needed to configure the bindings as you say.

Thank you very very much