Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Questions about scheduled maintenance of the LCCS service

Level 2

Hi - Today I got the notice off the acrobat health rss feed about the upcoming scheduled maintenance of the LCCS service.

A couple of questions:

(1) How often should we anticipate there being scheduled maintenance that will interrupt service?

(2) Can we, the users, request that scheduled maintenance be moved to less inconvenient hours? 5 - 7pm PST is a prime time for our business (we conduct secure online therapy sessions and many people seek our service after they get off work for the day).

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Chris,

(1) Majority of our maintenances -- like this one tonight, which happens about once a month, are zero-downtime maintenances.  An existing session may get an automatic reconnect, but it should be transparent to the end user.  Our goal with the Health page is to over communicate, but you bring up a good point here as the announcement seems more ominous than what I've described.  I'll take the action to discuss with our operations team so we are clearer on the expected experience in the future.

Every now and then, we'll need to perform a maintenance that results in downtime.  And when that happens, we will explicitly state this on the health page, and aim to perform these during low traffic hours.

(2) The current offering today from Adobe is a multi-tenant service, and unfortunately, it's impossible to find a time that works perfectly for all our customers.  Ultimately, zero-downtime for all maintenances is our goal.  If you need something that is more catered to your needs, the good news is that we have a partner today who can offer LCCS on a single-tenant basis with customized SLAs.  If you are interested, please visit http://www.connectsolutions.com/products/lccs/.

Thanks,

Fang

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Chris,

(1) Majority of our maintenances -- like this one tonight, which happens about once a month, are zero-downtime maintenances.  An existing session may get an automatic reconnect, but it should be transparent to the end user.  Our goal with the Health page is to over communicate, but you bring up a good point here as the announcement seems more ominous than what I've described.  I'll take the action to discuss with our operations team so we are clearer on the expected experience in the future.

Every now and then, we'll need to perform a maintenance that results in downtime.  And when that happens, we will explicitly state this on the health page, and aim to perform these during low traffic hours.

(2) The current offering today from Adobe is a multi-tenant service, and unfortunately, it's impossible to find a time that works perfectly for all our customers.  Ultimately, zero-downtime for all maintenances is our goal.  If you need something that is more catered to your needs, the good news is that we have a partner today who can offer LCCS on a single-tenant basis with customized SLAs.  If you are interested, please visit http://www.connectsolutions.com/products/lccs/.

Thanks,

Fang

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----