Expand my Community achievements bar.

Question regarding calculating a formula to add three tables of numbers

Level 2

I need help with a form that I would like to show the Total of numbers from Table 6, 7 and 8.  I have put in codes for the Subtotals but the final total I can't seem to figure out.  Can someone help me with the coding to add subtotal 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I think part of your issue is not having unique names for each field. If you do not then you have to use occurance numbers on the form (that is what I did).

See my attachedrevised sample.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for a quick response but I noticed also that some of my cells in the table were not numeric so I changed it.  The Subtotal is not working.  I am getting an error.  Your formula was working but it did not include the last total of numbers. It should include tables 6, 7 and 8 totals.  Can you look at it again.  Thanks again!!

Former Community Member

I modified the formulas .....I see how Table3 and Table 7 are used but it looks like Table8 is the total field....am I missing something?

Paul

Level 2

Yes, table 8 is supposed to have the total of all tables from 6, 7 and 8 in each column but maybe it is the way I designed it that makes it confusing.

Level 2

Did you send the document because it was not attached?

Level 2

There are only two tables 6 and 7 that are being added.  Table 8 is not being added in with the Total.  Table 8 is where Total is listed.  If you put numbers in the last table 8, I would like for it to add those plus the two other tables above as one total.