Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Question re: Blaze DS Directory Structure Following Turnkey Installation

Level 2

Hello. I've been building client-side apps with flex for a while and have started getting into backend development.

I have read up a fair bit on blaze ds and have downloaded the turnkey installation and successfully ran a few of the samples...but i have a couple of questions re: the directory structure if someone could help...i unzipped the turnkey into Blaze_ds folder on the desktop...

a) .........\Blaze_ds\tomcat\webapps\blazeds\WEB-INF  - could u please explain the concept of the WEB-INF directory and the folders inside it (flex, src, classes, lib, etc.)

b) ......... \Blaze_ds\tomcat\webapps\samples - there are all the samples in here (eg. testdrive-chat, testdrive-101, dashboard, etc.)...and there is also a WEB-INF and META-INF folders...just wondering why there isn't WEB-INF/META-INF inside each sample folder

Finally, can someone also let me know the concept of localhost and the port number 8400 and are there any good books on blaze ds?

thx!

0 Replies