Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Question on "text flow" with two text fields:

Level 1

Hi Folks,

I was hoping you could help me to see if this is possible with Livecycle Designer, any assistance would be much appreciated:

I'm populating a dynamic pdf and have the need to have multiple lines of text composed of two text fields (name and description) where name is bold text followed by description in regular text for example:

Item 1 Name Sample: This is the item one description, adding some lorem ipsum text to show how it would flow across multiple lines here Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, defunctam.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, ingens ad te ad nomine Hesterna. Pentapoli naves non ait Cumque ego dum. Scelus patrem in rei.

Item 2 Name Sample: This is the item two description, adding  some lorem ipsum text to show how it would flow across multiple lines  here Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, defunctam.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,  ingens ad te ad nomine Hesterna. Pentapoli naves non ait Cumque ego dum.  Scelus patrem in rei exultant deo apprehendit in fuerat construeret in  rei sensibilium acciperem qui enim est se vero diam ille. Agimus nolo me  testatur sed. Descendi eam ad.

Item 3 Name Sample: This is the item three description, adding  some lorem ipsum text to show how it would flow across multiple lines  here Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, defunctam.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,  ingens ad te ad nomine Hesterna. Pentapoli naves non ait Cumque ego dum.  Scelus patrem in rei.

I have a subform for each item that contains two fields [itemName] [itemDescription], is there any way to do this without combining them into one textfield with rich text on?

Thanks,

3 Replies

Level 4

With the field selected, go to the "Font" tab and you will see currently editing caption and value. The menu arrow to the right allows you to selece just the caption (which what you want when you are going to change that text to BOLD) and then only the caption of the field will be bold and the value will be whatever regular text you want it to display.

Level 1

Let me explain this further, the name is not the caption for detail, since the name (in bold) is also an incoming value from the xml I'm using to populate the document, they are each their own text fields with captions set to none.  Now if there's a way to dynamically set the caption like I do the field value it would work.

Level 10

Hi Phill,

You could use floating fields, where the inputs are hidden and bound to your incoming XML. In the visible {} fields, you can set one of these to bold. The advantage would be that the two displayed floating fields will flow depending on the content.

Have a look at the second example in this form: http://assure.ly/iuYifq

Hope that helps,

Niall