Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Question About Submitting Information in PDF via Email

Level 2

Is there any way to take a pdf and submit the information in it via email with out it being put as an attachment?

In other words, the information will be sent to a specified email address and show the information the user has put it it.

I already know how to create it as an attachment and send, but I need to see if it can work this way as well.

Suggestions will be great as well. Thanks!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

So you only want the data that was collected in the body of the email?

Paul

Level 2

Yes, in the body of the email of the person who will be receiving it.

I just want to press send and the PDF send the information to the end user with the information they put in the PDF. But I DO NOT want the person who is sending the email to be able to alter the email message by having it attached via Outlook and still change the body of the email.

I know it sound confusing...... let me know if you need more clarification.

Former Community Member

We can put the data entered into the body of the message but I cannot stop the user from modifying the text of the message when that message is displayed. This will involve script that will cycle through each field and write it accordingly to the body of the email. If there are a lot of fields this will be a tedious operation. I assume you will want some descriptor as to what this data is as well?

Does this make sense? Do you want to proceed?

Paul