Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Protection fails on a PDF with attachment

Former Community Member

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to protect a PDF with RMS and I am getting this error:

2012-01-12 15:33:19,086 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] An exception was thrown with name com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException message:encryptUsingPolicy: Cannot encrypt a signed PDF -- (error code bin: 777, hex: 0x309) -- (error code bin: 777, hex: 0x309) while invoking service RightsManagementService and operation protectDocument and no fault routes were found to be configured.

The file is not signed neither has any security handler on it. Below are the properties of the file.

The only thing thing that is special with this file is that it has an attachment (a small config file) - see in picture. Is this causing the problem to LC ?

Capture.PNG

Thank you

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Has the form been Reader Extended (either with Acrobat or LiveCycle Reader Extensions)?  If so, this will caue the error as a digital signatiure is actually applied to control the reader extension permissions)  The order of operations when using encryprtion and reader extensions is always encrypt first.

Regards

Steve