Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Protecting fillable forms with password to protect scripting and layout

Former Community Member

Our company will be creating forms in livecycle/acrobat to be filled out by employees and sent to our clients.  I would like to know if there is a feature so that anyone can open and fill out the forms but in order to open and edit or view the scripting on the form a password is required?  In Microsoft Word and Excel this feature is possible because you can require a password to unprotect the form and in excel there is an option to set a password to access the code, which is very helpful to ensure that the work we put into creating our forms can't be copied by other users.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Go to File>Form Properties>Security

Select the password option and when you save the form you'll be given opportunity to set 2 fifferent types of access passwords (open, edit)

Good luck,

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Go to File>Form Properties>Security

Select the password option and when you save the form you'll be given opportunity to set 2 fifferent types of access passwords (open, edit)

Good luck,

Stephen

Level 10

Open the form in Designer and then choose File menu-> Form Properties and then select the PDF Security tab.

You will have an option to ptotect the PDF with a password for editing/ printing.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Thank You!

That seems so simple and I had even gotten to that section but I guess I

just hadn't paid enough attention to the fact that you could set

passwords for different things