Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Protecting fillable forms with password to protect scripting and layout

Former Community Member

Our company will be creating forms in livecycle/acrobat to be filled out by employees and sent to our clients.  I would like to know if there is a feature so that anyone can open and fill out the forms but in order to open and edit or view the scripting on the form a password is required?  In Microsoft Word and Excel this feature is possible because you can require a password to unprotect the form and in excel there is an option to set a password to access the code, which is very helpful to ensure that the work we put into creating our forms can't be copied by other users.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Go to File>Form Properties>Security

Select the password option and when you save the form you'll be given opportunity to set 2 fifferent types of access passwords (open, edit)

Good luck,

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Go to File>Form Properties>Security

Select the password option and when you save the form you'll be given opportunity to set 2 fifferent types of access passwords (open, edit)

Good luck,

Stephen

Level 10

Open the form in Designer and then choose File menu-> Form Properties and then select the PDF Security tab.

You will have an option to ptotect the PDF with a password for editing/ printing.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Thank You!

That seems so simple and I had even gotten to that section but I guess I

just hadn't paid enough attention to the fact that you could set

passwords for different things