Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Protect SmartForm Design & Code

Level 2

Hello,

Is it now possible to fully secure a SmartForm with Designer 8.2 and all the code within so that when it is distributed, no one can simply take the form and modify it in any way or figure out the details behind the code & design?

Thanks!

-Veni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Generally you can add a password to prevent unwanted opening of the form in Designer.

Go to File > Form Properties > PDF-Security and set a password.

You can also use a JavaScript scrambler to make your code very hard to read for others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Generally you can add a password to prevent unwanted opening of the form in Designer.

Go to File > Form Properties > PDF-Security and set a password.

You can also use a JavaScript scrambler to make your code very hard to read for others.

Level 2

Thanks; I'll give the password option a try.  Is it true that even with a password, the form can be easily "hacked" to find the password?

-Veni

Level 10

Well,

the fact is that everything is hackable in some matter, but does the end justify the means in every case?

There are several tools available for money in the web, but the ones I tested were not able to remove the password protection from a XFA form, as they are only able to remove master passwords instead of user and/or owner passwords.

All files they successfully "hacked" were destroyed and not usable.