Expand my Community achievements bar.

Properties of com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist.

Level 3

I'm trying create a process to automatically create Rights Manager policies for specific users.

It seems the only way to do this is use a create a policy from an existing policy and within that activity set the user for whom I want the policy to apply ( e.g. only they can open the document ).

All going fine - except the variable to define the user ( or users ) is an IUserlist type ( com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist ) for which I can't find any documentation regarding it's input parameters.

I've tried all sorts to get around this, but to no avail - does anyone know what the properties of the com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist is so that I can set them through xPath?

Cheers - Stuart

5 Replies

Level 3

I've tried useing a Find Users service with a return to a list of subtype user but now get the following error from the Create Policy form Policy service:

ALC-DSC-099-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: [com.adobe.idp.dsc.um.lookup.datamodel.User@21aa7ac4] of type: java.util.ArrayList to type: interface com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist

Any help would be much appreciated.

Employee

Yes, this is a bug. Which has been fixed with a quickfix over ES3 SP2.

As I am replying to the old post, not sure you got the fix or not. If not, just let me know here.

Former Community Member

I'm trying to figure out how to call the Create Policy form Policy - with users added programmatically via web services.  I'm getting the same exception about casting com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException.  What is the solution for this issue? 

Level 3

Hi Peter

Have you got the quickfix noted by Sachin above?

If not then it will not work a it was a bug.

Former Community Member

Hi Stuart,

I`m working with ES4 so I imagine the issue has been resolved.  I haven`t tried using the Find User service as a possible workaround. 

I`m trying to use the Create Policy from Exisiting Policy from .NET via web service API.

Can I pick your brain a bit?

-Can you look up users by email address?

-Do you know how to call the Create Policy from Exiting Policy from either java or .NET?

Thanks!

Peter